Job Description: Site Coordinator–VITA Site
The Site Coordinator oversees site operations at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site. The Site Coordinator manages volunteers and reports tax site progress. The Site Coordinator works with the Quality Reviewers to ensure that the site operates according to all guidelines.
Availability: Candidates should be available to work one or more of the following times: a weekday evening, or Saturday from late January through mid-April at one of our sites in the Washington, DC area (evenings and weekends depending on site), or Rockville, MD (Saturday) from late January through mid-April. Additional hours during the week may be required to oversee volunteer coordination, and the e-file process.
Skills and Experience: Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a management role. Experience managing volunteers or experience in a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program preferred. The Site Coordinator must be dependable and self-directed, detail oriented, organized, efficient, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must have ability to respond to tax site related emails and phone calls during the workday on occasion. Those with experience with free tax sites or tax filing preferred, but not required. Must complete Site Coordinator training in December or January.
Responsibilities: include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all operational needs of a tax site
- Coordinate closely with quality reviewers and support their efforts to ensure accuracy of returns. Defers to reviewers on issues of ensuring preparation quality
- Work closely with CTA, and site host to coordinate the scheduling of volunteers to ensure sufficient staffing
- Track and report hours for volunteers and paid staff
- Communicate effectively with site staff and host organizations to manage any facilities support or scheduling issues
- Ensure timely electronic filing of tax returns and resolution of rejects
- Address equipment, software, supply and other site needs in a timely fashion
- Communicate regularly with volunteers and maintain volunteer database
- Coordinate volunteer hospitality
- Execute site procedures according to IRS and CTA guidelines.
- Manage workflow of tax site: set-up space; facilitate client sign-in and intake; ensure orderly and thorough screening process and reduce wait time
- Manage supplies and materials, keep files and supplies organized, and order new supplies when necessary. Keep track of site budget and expenses
- Ensure security of confidential information.
- Ensure proper reporting and record keeping. Collect, compile and submit to the CTA required statistics and surveys relating to the taxpayer information
- Serve as the main contact for clients to address questions or concerns about their experience at the tax site. Promptly respond to inquires from clients or the IRS
Position Classification: Non-Exempt Temporary/Seasonal. Position runs from late January through mid April. Must attend training in December or January. $15-$20/hour depending on experience.
To apply: Send letter of interest and resume by email to email@example.com, or fax to 202-521-3988